Privacy and Security Policy
- Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Information on how you are using the Sites
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
- We Collect Information When
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Sites or mobile applications.
- You create an CheaperTool.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Sites or participate in interactive features of the Sites or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with any of the Sites through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
User Experience Information In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Public Forums Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
- Mobile Privacy
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Internal Operations
- Improve the effectiveness of the Sites, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- Fraud Prevention
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- Legal Compliance
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
- General Policy
- We do not sell or rent personally identifiable customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
- Service Providers
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, logistics, or data enhancement providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
- Legal Requirements
- We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
- When You Direct Us
- At your direction or request, we may share your information.
- Business Transfers
- If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
- Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
- From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or the Sites to your email address.
- We regularly send email order confirmations, email order updates and “leave a review” emails to you after you have submitted an order.
- We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to mobile devices of customers who have requested this information via an opt-in request. Customers will be able to opt out of a specific mobile messaging campaign.
- CheaperTool.com Cookies
- The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site features.
- Third Party Cookies
- To opt-out of third-party vendor's cookies on other websites, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website.
- Online Advertising
- We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Cooperative to better understand how you use certain websites and apps of ours across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE THE INFORMATION?
- In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
- Depending on your location, you may also have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information such as (i) the right to obtain a copy of your personal data you provided to us; (ii) the ability to change or correct your personal data through your account settings; (iii) the right to have us delete or limit our use of your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us.